Re: What's the difference? Opportunity...

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
      > this is where you have me at a disadvantage.

      I disagree. I am of the opinion that my opinion doesn't matter (and like, what I just
      said doesn't either). I like it, but no one else should any better than their own. It is
      incomprehensible that it is interesting for me to speak it...perhaps as a test of its
      logical validity. Perhaps your intellectual space allows you an internal check that I
      don't have the advantage of.

      > beyond basic concern
      > for the health/humanity/honour of bush/cheney/kerry/edwards, i am
      > both disinterested and uninterested in the forthcoming presidential
      > elections

      I have opinions of politics that are so radical that they upset almost everyone. I don't
      pay attention to the political throws...I choose not to believe they are real. I fail when
      the tax bill arrives. What was a hopeful idea has turned into an outlandish popularity
      contest, and what was democracy is no longer.

      My version of "everything that can go wrong..." Is "everyone with the opportunity to
      become corrupt will if they deem it a greater need". People who would be honest
      politicians would have no interest in politics. All it is is a successful marketing
      ploy...big deal. The best deception wins.

      It would perhaps please le Duard to gain office...it would be a shiney penny for his
      bottle.

      As to clams...It was a struggle between good and evil. Evil is a bad loser, and has a
      better marketing firm.

      Tearingup Floorboards
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2004
        Wow! You fell out of bed this morning, and on the wrong side?

        Let me tell you, good God, I have been researching the Black
        Mountain poets fraternity this morning. To my left on the desk is
        Volume One of 'Charles Olson & Robert Creeley: The Complete
        Correspondence', edited by George Butterick, who also wrote, for
        instance, 'A Guide to the Maximus Poems ...'. There's a wonderful
        photo on the cover, of the two men (Olson was huge, wasn't he, about
        6 foot 8?), and more inside. A great picture of Robert Creeley with
        his wife Ann and son David (who looks about 3 or 4 years old), in
        Littleton, New Hampshire, 1950, and one of Charles Olson with his
        wife Constance in Washington, Spring 1950. Propped up against my
        printer, however, is a very characterful largish but slim paperback
        book published by Cape Goliard Press in 1969:
        'Charles Olson, Letters for Origin, 1950 - 1955' ed. Albert Glover.
        These are letters from Olson to Cid Corman, the magazine editor.

        This from 'a sunday (a chance) March 1952'

        Cid: Many thanks for all news--and you are right, I have trouble
        getting TIME, especially when i have been as bloody damn sick as i
        have been for the past three weeks (don't know what it is--showed up
        as a boil in the right armpit, crippling me--had that lanced, and
        penicillin shot in my arse, 600,000 units, but i remain daily below
        par: probably the Bear, & Winter, and Spring too far be--Hind!)
        And my anger is--the anger of all men who write from their own
        suffering, that, you can't put us down with *schemas--you can't wag
        yr fingers--yr weak cocks--in our faces: we do what we are obliged
        to do: measure us by what you have done with what you've had to do
        with, brother: we say that to them. And if they once faced that,
        dealt with that, instead of what their light heads take off our work
        (like peeling our skin) they'd stop such shit--and find out, that
        HOW A THING IS SAID is as important as WHAT IS SAID, that *it is*
        WHAT IS SAID

        Wow! (this is living Louise speaking now), that really is telling
        them :-)

        And I saw and heard Robert Creeley at a poetry reading also, 'bout
        same year as you, I think, in the [University] Music Room very close
        to Durham Cathedral. He had a most awful hacking cough. It was
        early April. Someone gave him a lozenge, to quieten him down, but
        the bell-ringers were driving the participants nutty, anyway.
        Still, it was a good night.

        The Woman from 'Chapter 12'