language at work

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2004
      More subliminal messages ('you lived/eternally/I hound you') from
      Artaud, more revenge than we deserve or could ask for - lucky we are
      here to observe it, or if not observe it then be told that events do
      match our observations, exactly. If it is not quite anguish then it
      must be jubilation we hear from the outskirts, deriving out of
      formal logic and pure application, as if everything luckily
      conspires to this day. But delivers its quotation on both sides
      with much classical force and firm promise of an end falling bang
      out of line, out of context - Dionysian sunshine, Apollinian
      darkness, whatever, this appeal to reason is the finest missile to
      emerge from our recent history. There is so much news there is no
      news today. The order to

      This is the entire text of section IV from the poem,
      'Salvation Rituals', by Alan Halsey, in the collection
      'As of Military Domains & Salvation Rituals', March - May 1982,
      within the anthology 'Five Years Out',
      published by Galloping Dog Press, Newcastle upon Tyne, 1989

      copied by Louise, some miles south ...