Simple Phenomenology

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      By the way, Kitty, of only you'd been really with me in my dream,
      there was one thing you would have enjoyed -- I had such a quantity
      of poetry said to me, all about fishes! To-morrow morning you shall
      have a real treat. All the time you're eating your breakfast, I'll
      repeat "The Walrus and the Carpenter" to you; and then you can make
      believe it's oysters, dear!

      Now, Kitty, let's consider who it was that dreamed it all. This is a
      serious question, my dear, and you should not go on licking your paw
      like that -- as if Dinah hadn't washed you this morning! You see,
      Kitty, it must have been either me or the Red King. He was part of my
      dream, of course -- but then I was part of his dream, too! was it the
      Red King, Kitty. You were his wife, my dear, so you ought to know --
      Oh, Kitty, do help to settle it! I'm sure your paw can wait!' But the
      provoking kitten only began on the other paw, and pretended it hadn't
      heard the question.

      Which do you think it was?

      A boat beneath a sunny sky,
      Lingering onward dreamily