reflections on Civil Disobedience

  • cribprdb
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2004
      The smaller the world, the bigger the government. Hysteria catches
      aflame in close quarters. Soon we will see the poll watchers, the
      self-righteous, self-justified disenfranchisers. I do not believe in
      the efficaciousness of passive resistance. I hope for proof of human
      dignity. If I am accosted in the voting line by people of this ilk I
      will knock the son-of-bitch out. That is civil disobedience and dignity.

      Wooden swords break in battle with wooden swords, and break on the
      back of a dignified decent man. The arms, legs, hands and feet of
      government are inanimate wood. Rules and laws that disdain and
      compromise human dignity are of no value. Collective hysteria always
      has control issues. The world would have dissipated into a respect and
      love of all that is human by now if left without government
      altogether. The individual man of character cannot change into less. I
      can abide the transient neccessity of self-defense in dire cases. I
      can never support torture and imprisonment without trial.

      If indeed the vote in the American election is forgone it is a sad day
      for liberty. There could be as many as four supreme court justices up
      for appointment during the next presidential administration. That will
      change American life for decades to come. Remember prohibition? I
      cannot support the United Christian States of America. I cannot
      support philosophical adventurism of any kind. Philosophy must look
      for truth and be true, not seek to proselytize with hysterical
      conjecture.

      I do have hope for the average American individual. Though the average
      citizen lives largely like a trained housepet at the behest and
      convenience of a few powerful families, at some point a cornered dog
      will bite. There is a breaking point for collective hysteria. We
      repealed prohibition. The stakes are higher now though, with a
      government angled toward the return of a mythical king. I guess in the
      end, I will stand until I'm knocked down for good. Clogging the
      machine is honorable. I have hard hard bones.

      Trinidad Cruz