to be or not to be

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2004
      What about:

      Bill as the good king, murdered

      eduard, trying a challenging role out of character, as his uncle

      Knott in drag as Gertrude (since i've never seen a photo of Knott)

      louise as hamlet

      mary jo as ophelia

      Rosenkrantz and Guildernstern are ghosts, refugees from Division
      Theory Group, and I am hoping our new friend Serge would agree to
      act as audience/director.

      Frankly, I'm not enjoying this, and certainly not stalling for time,
      but then neither am I feeling the mere disgust of absurdity, since I
      don't know what that feels like. This is my point. That the evil
      politics of our time owes something to the death of European honour
      and the bastard forms of existentialism spawned by that death, which
      has been very protracted, over decades at least.

      Louise
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
        'Twere good she were spoken with; for she may strew dangerous
        conjectures in ill-breeding minds. - Horatio

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2004
          Right on. Find me the she, and we'll do it. For none of us belong
          in this play, nor in 'The Tempest', for that matter. The whole
          weirdness of those conversations here in February remains
          unexplained. I don't believe in digging for its own sake. And I'd
          prefer it if we existlisters, as I suggested, started afresh,
          coining the language new, the way Bill exemplifies it. That's not
          flattery, it's a plain observation. Louise