Re: Your uncle still loves you

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
      Bill,

      I think eduard's advice is good.

      emile
      ... trying to escape from a novella ...

      > Yesterday Priscilla found one of those huge Army envelopes in our
      > mail box. By the time we were married I had finished going to
      > strange places and prosecuting the Warmact. She wasn`t too happy
      > see the old monster still hanging around. It was from my final
      > command authority so they had probably found the right guy.
      > I had immediate visions of standing on the amalgam line at Ft.
      Polk.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
        Bill, I see you as someone who has moulded the, to my taste, rather
        strange interpretation of Nietzschean thinking described by you as
        informing US Army training, to a more entirely human evolution of
        existential thought. There's so much more to do, and that hard cash
        on offer for your older years is not to be sniffed at; I still like
        the idea of a good-guy war effort we might be able to wage at
        existlist. Pacifism, for instance, I would see as one possible
        stratagem in certain situations, likewise civil disobedience. But
        at the heart of existentialism, for me, is thought, willing to
        conflict with feeling but never with the purpose of its
        annihilation, such a purpose being something I tend to think pretty
        much defines evil. To know what one is doing, to do it, to take the
        consequences. We can but continue. Louise