Re: [existlist] Your uncle still loves you

  • eduard at home
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
      You should fill out that paperwork Bill.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
        Bill,

        I think eduard's advice is good.

        emile
        ... trying to escape from a novella ...

        > Yesterday Priscilla found one of those huge Army envelopes in our
        > mail box. By the time we were married I had finished going to
        > strange places and prosecuting the Warmact. She wasn`t too happy
        > see the old monster still hanging around. It was from my final
        > command authority so they had probably found the right guy.
        > I had immediate visions of standing on the amalgam line at Ft.
        Polk.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
          Bill, I see you as someone who has moulded the, to my taste, rather
          strange interpretation of Nietzschean thinking described by you as
          informing US Army training, to a more entirely human evolution of
          existential thought. There's so much more to do, and that hard cash
          on offer for your older years is not to be sniffed at; I still like
          the idea of a good-guy war effort we might be able to wage at
          existlist. Pacifism, for instance, I would see as one possible
          stratagem in certain situations, likewise civil disobedience. But
          at the heart of existentialism, for me, is thought, willing to
          conflict with feeling but never with the purpose of its
          annihilation, such a purpose being something I tend to think pretty
          much defines evil. To know what one is doing, to do it, to take the
          consequences. We can but continue. Louise