Re: Debate & Discuss

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      John,

      For heaven's sake!! Do you think this list is here for your
      personal use, or that I am sitting here waiting to minister to your
      every need, whenever you feel like it? If you can't recognise or
      remember all the accusations that have come my way - and 'attack' is
      metaphorical slang for accusation - you're hardly likely to show any
      interest in the analytical arguments I made, interspersed with
      personal/national context, in my first few weeks here.

      As Bill asked you, a lttle while ago, what do you want to talk about?

      I am not interested in your sexual orientation - I just think you
      ignorant of the way political activists of that orientation use the
      English language to achieve emotional fulfilment at the cost of
      invading the privacy of shy and modest people, of whatever
      orientation. And, certainly, I get the impression that you're quite
      shy and modest yourself, but awfully naive, and having the
      insularity of a modern US citizen, together with that irritating
      arrogance of people stuck in adolescence. And I've been there, even
      in my forties I've kept lapsing into that, but it's not a crime.
      The harmful reality is to refuse to listen to someone pointing out
      the truth to you. And that truth is, you are obsessively self-
      centred.

      Anyway, I'm not terribly hopeful even now you'll see what I mean.
      These things tend to take years.

      Louise

      --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "John the Anti-baptist"

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
        I do not blame you for your derivative methods of interpreting other
        people's messages, but that does not mean I give up on your being
        more realistic. You seem to be reliant on someone else's labour,
        that you haven't paid for - it's not your 'Peanuts' cartoon, so to
        speak. Louise [the imaginative political activist]