Debate & Discuss

  • John the Anti-baptist
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      <<self-defence against ignorant attack.>>

      What ignorant attack? I have yet to see anyone on this list attack you. I
      think you need to take a rest and give your paranoia some rest time.

      <<But I made quite a few arguments in my early weeks at existlist,

      -louise>>

      No...you didn't. You made blind statements about my sexual orientation and
      religious philosophy.

      <<The machine to man ratio has been a problem for about 40 years or more,>>

      I'm aware, but it has become a growing problem as the years have gone by.

      <<...poor economic policies such as adjusting interest rates, oil prices,
      foreign outsourcing, illegal immigration, NAFTA, and moving companies
      offshore all have had a greater impact.

      -Mary>>

      I would say that they pretty much contribute equally.

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
        John,

        For heaven's sake!! Do you think this list is here for your
        personal use, or that I am sitting here waiting to minister to your
        every need, whenever you feel like it? If you can't recognise or
        remember all the accusations that have come my way - and 'attack' is
        metaphorical slang for accusation - you're hardly likely to show any
        interest in the analytical arguments I made, interspersed with
        personal/national context, in my first few weeks here.

        As Bill asked you, a lttle while ago, what do you want to talk about?

        I am not interested in your sexual orientation - I just think you
        ignorant of the way political activists of that orientation use the
        English language to achieve emotional fulfilment at the cost of
        invading the privacy of shy and modest people, of whatever
        orientation. And, certainly, I get the impression that you're quite
        shy and modest yourself, but awfully naive, and having the
        insularity of a modern US citizen, together with that irritating
        arrogance of people stuck in adolescence. And I've been there, even
        in my forties I've kept lapsing into that, but it's not a crime.
        The harmful reality is to refuse to listen to someone pointing out
        the truth to you. And that truth is, you are obsessively self-
        centred.

        Anyway, I'm not terribly hopeful even now you'll see what I mean.
        These things tend to take years.

        Louise

        --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "John the Anti-baptist"

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2004
          I do not blame you for your derivative methods of interpreting other
          people's messages, but that does not mean I give up on your being
          more realistic. You seem to be reliant on someone else's labour,
          that you haven't paid for - it's not your 'Peanuts' cartoon, so to
          speak. Louise [the imaginative political activist]