Re: [existlist] my swansong...l

  • Tony Lea
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
      > all of the debates thus far seem to be limited by christain doctrine e
      > all of the questions have 'God' as the centrality - what about
      > indivdualiy?
      > what about 'AUTHETICITY' as an idealism?

      The fact that we can debate these issues by itself is an illustration of our
      authenticity and individuality.

      If you're not happy with the current debate, either start another thread or
      wait until one that appeals to you comes along.

      Existentialism deals with just about every aspect of life. To limit our
      topics of debate is to diminish existentialism's significance.

      Tony
    • ricardo
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
        all of the debates thus far seem to be limited by christain doctrine e
        all of the questions have 'God' as the centrality - what about
        indivdualiy?
        what about 'AUTHETICITY' as an idealism?

        are these questions irrelevamt ; otherwise, resoond to them!

        except, you won't even consider them: they represent aa wo rlrld of
        tanscendence...of the 0the world unite!!!
      • C. S. Wyatt
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
          I am not a Christian, and do not pretend to understand how or why religious
          faith matters to so many people. I know it does matter and give them a sense
          of purpose.

          I live for myself: as I am and as I will be -- which are not the same. I say
          what I mean, do as I mean.

          For me, Nietzsche truly is a grounding "prophet" for mankind.

          - C. S. Wyatt

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2001
            Hi Ricardo,

            what about
            > indivdualiy?
            > what about 'AUTHETICITY' as an idealism?
            >
            > are these questions irrelevamt ; otherwise, resoond to them!

            Sorry if my last post sounded harsh. It sounded like an attempt to limit our
            debate to non-religious areas.

            I noticed that you did attempt to start new threads but actually, when I
            think about your question, it has direct relevance to our debate. Since free
            will is essential to authenticity and individuality, we are debating them.
            Can one be authentic and an individual in a world that includes "God?" (A
            god either real or invented by humans).

            Tony