I agree

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2004
      Hari, All these men we speak of were modernest thinkers who saw the
      industrial revolution as little more than an adjunct to the
      military in its attempt to erradicate the species. The truths were
      self evident and the existing philosophies had neither the words
      nor thoughts to deal with this new reality. The name placed on these
      men comes at such a late date as to make most ignorant of their own
      title. Then again what was happening in the 1830`s was childs play
      when compaired to the 1940`s .
      .In the early times of the movement the church still had moral
      authority with some of the ruling elite. By the end of the founding
      times Pius 12 was defending his abandonment of the Jews to the
      Nazis. His moral high ground was little better than that of the war
      criminals. The modern philosophiers were well past moral arguments
      with the church and had begun to evaluate a free standing ethical
      position for the entire species.
      Now it becomes evident that people do not wish to be ethical,
      they want to survive and live well.There are not enough material
      goods and service sector people to accomodate all.So we are back to
      erridacation of the rebellious and then the weak. Bill