cruel authenticity

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2004
      There are many kinds of human beings. Some are authentically
      idealistic and cruel, some are idealistic and kind. Violence (overt
      or subtle) only perpetuates more violence. Genocide and greed (which
      is a kind of racism, because some see themselves as deserving by
      virtue of their race) seem a biological survival technique. But this
      isn't true. A species always seeks the BEST environment, not the most
      unstable. It's suicide to perpetuate terrorism, but isn't that really
      the goal? Destroy everything and send us all to heaven or hell? When
      almost 1 million people commit suicide (more than all murders and war
      victims) in one single year, something is terribly wrong with
      humanity. We need more critical thinking (philosophy), not more
      emotional reaction (religion). Overall, we need to think in terms of
      survival for both the planet and all living things. It's no wonder
      some philosophers choose nihilism and anarchy. however, for me it's a
      surrender I can't afford. Mary