leaping

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
      So many of the existential conundrums we express here deal with
      absurdity, nihilism, faith, humanism, politics, etc. Louise has
      faithfully represented her Kierkegaardian perspective some of which
      is found in the following article. I know that one isn't supposed to
      score points for one's opponents, but I can't help myself.

      "If we choose faith we must suspend our reason in order to believe in
      something higher than reason. In fact we must believe by virtue of
      the absurd."

      "Politics is activity in relation to power. Politics is a domain of
      its own - the domain of power . . . . The way politics divides the
      world is into friend and enemy."

      Both of these statements come from this site:

      <http://batr.org/view_/022802.html>

      Although I agree with these two statements, I strongly disagree with
      the author's conclusion about faith vs. reason.

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 7, 2004
        Excellent link. Thank you.

        Kierkegaardian, pseudonymous, Louise