Re: wondering again

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2004
      Immediately after finding this message, I turned to the tv, which
      I'd tuned to channel four. Straight after the commercial break, in
      the final quarter of the bulletin, were two science items, and the
      first was your number one. Robert Massey, invited to the studio to
      speak on behalf of the Royal Observatory at Greenwich, opined that
      it was an important project, and always exciting to have hopes of
      new discovery, but that this would probably turn out to be a matter
      of faulty equipment. Scientists are trained to be sceptical, and
      the most conscientious ones resist emotional as well as financial
      blandishments, in the interests of objectively weighing the data.
      Very Calvinist, actually.

      The second one I know nothing at all about it. Presumably
      historians have different theories on this one. Vaguely remember a
      late-night channel four discussion with people rambling and emoting
      about the Merovingians following the death of Princess Diana, but
      I'm not into that stuff.

      Louise

      > Two topics that might be of interest to existentialism. What would
      be
      > the difference when interpreting these two possibilities?
      Religious