Re: disagreeing

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      Louise, I certainly wasn't taking you for an atheist! Maybe an
      agnostic by way of paradoxy not orthodoxy. You misunderstand me if
      you think I'm encouraging other ways of translating religious texts.
      I simply see it for some as a necessary stepping stone out of the
      river of confusion. You know me. I advocate falling on one side of
      the fence, my side. It gets lonesome over here. Too bad you're across
      the pond. We could share some M&M's, and we could find someone to
      help fend off your local bullies. Just what is their problem anyway?
      Why don't you let your man handle it for you? They do come in handy
      once in awhile, don't you think? Mary

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
        I tried to explain this months ago, Mary. Paul would think me
        paranoid, would think me to blame, for stirring up trouble, by not
        sitting meekly in the house, if I told him in detail everything that
        is said. He interprets differently. When I was psychotic, in 1999,
        I thought people on the television could see me as I sat there in my
        room. Very very common, in schizophrenic people, that kind of
        thing. I really mustn't worry Paul by making him fear I'm sliding
        into 'delusions' again. In spite of that love of poetry, he's a
        very scientific type, like eduard. I need my poetic licence, my
        freedom to dream and symbolize. I don't feel in danger. There are
        little verbal joustings, as today, but mostly all's fine. Louise

        > Louise, I certainly wasn't taking you for an atheist! Maybe an
        > agnostic by way of paradoxy not orthodoxy. You misunderstand me if
        > you think I'm encouraging other ways of translating religious
        texts.
        > I simply see it for some as a necessary stepping stone out of the
        > river of confusion. You know me. I advocate falling on one side of
        > the fence, my side. It gets lonesome over here. Too bad you're
        across
        > the pond. We could share some M&M's, and we could find someone to
        > help fend off your local bullies. Just what is their problem
        anyway?
        > Why don't you let your man handle it for you? They do come in
        handy
        > once in awhile, don't you think? Mary
        >
        > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@y...>
        wrote:
        > > Mary,
        > > What do you mean?
        > > Who do you take me for?
        > > I don't have a direct hotline to heaven regarding the afterlife,
        > but
        > > my own beliefs would incline me to think that those grapes are
        > acid,
        > > real acid, and they burn you up the way the victims burned. It
        > > wasn't a joke, that the Lord our God is a jealous God, the kind
        who
        > > visits the sins of the fathers on the sons, to the third and
        fourth
        > > generation. No, I don't have any formal knowledge of Islam, and
        > > congratulate you on your good research and your efforts to
        persuade
        > > literalists of whatever faith, that there are other ways of
        > > translating.
        > > Atheism is a very complex subject. Mine has evolved out of all
        > > recognition, these last six months.
        > > Louise
      • Mary Jo
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
          Yes, Louise. I understand all too well. As you recall, my mother had
          the ailment. The important thing is that you know what's real and
          that you know when to seek protection. We don't have such hostile
          verbal attacks in my village, except amongst the youngsters, so it
          surprises me ... Well I'm getting ready for some partying (not boring
          for the next few days!) ... later. Mary

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
            No, Mary, you don't understand in the least - I can detect that by
            your tone. You have felt the pain of these things in your own life,
            I knew that from the beginning, which is why I have stayed as gentle
            as I could, though your words were shredding me up, week by week. I
            still do not blame you. Simply, I urge you to ponder, what you know
            most about. Forget the religious fanatics, would be my advice, and
            think about what you undersand Bill and eduard and Jerry to have
            been saying. 'White wandering field-mouse' was supposed to be
            affectionate code for our friend Buffalo, i.e., not Bill. Oh, you
            Americans and your pirates!! I think: Adam Ant, and - "Stand and
            deliver!" Daring, pioneering pop video, cost a packet at the time.
            Straight to number one. That's faith. Louise