disagreeing

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
      Mary,
      What do you mean?
      Who do you take me for?
      I don't have a direct hotline to heaven regarding the afterlife, but
      my own beliefs would incline me to think that those grapes are acid,
      real acid, and they burn you up the way the victims burned. It
      wasn't a joke, that the Lord our God is a jealous God, the kind who
      visits the sins of the fathers on the sons, to the third and fourth
      generation. No, I don't have any formal knowledge of Islam, and I
      congratulate you on your good research and your efforts to persuade
      literalists of whatever faith, that there are other ways of
      translating.
      Atheism is a very complex subject. Mine has evolved out of all
      recognition, these last six months.
      Louise
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
        Louise, I certainly wasn't taking you for an atheist! Maybe an
        agnostic by way of paradoxy not orthodoxy. You misunderstand me if
        you think I'm encouraging other ways of translating religious texts.
        I simply see it for some as a necessary stepping stone out of the
        river of confusion. You know me. I advocate falling on one side of
        the fence, my side. It gets lonesome over here. Too bad you're across
        the pond. We could share some M&M's, and we could find someone to
        help fend off your local bullies. Just what is their problem anyway?
        Why don't you let your man handle it for you? They do come in handy
        once in awhile, don't you think? Mary

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
          I tried to explain this months ago, Mary. Paul would think me
          paranoid, would think me to blame, for stirring up trouble, by not
          sitting meekly in the house, if I told him in detail everything that
          is said. He interprets differently. When I was psychotic, in 1999,
          I thought people on the television could see me as I sat there in my
          room. Very very common, in schizophrenic people, that kind of
          thing. I really mustn't worry Paul by making him fear I'm sliding
          into 'delusions' again. In spite of that love of poetry, he's a
          very scientific type, like eduard. I need my poetic licence, my
          freedom to dream and symbolize. I don't feel in danger. There are
          little verbal joustings, as today, but mostly all's fine. Louise

          > Louise, I certainly wasn't taking you for an atheist! Maybe an
          > agnostic by way of paradoxy not orthodoxy. You misunderstand me if
          > you think I'm encouraging other ways of translating religious
          texts.
          > I simply see it for some as a necessary stepping stone out of the
          > river of confusion. You know me. I advocate falling on one side of
          > the fence, my side. It gets lonesome over here. Too bad you're
          across
          > the pond. We could share some M&M's, and we could find someone to
          > help fend off your local bullies. Just what is their problem
          anyway?
          > Why don't you let your man handle it for you? They do come in
          handy
          > once in awhile, don't you think? Mary
          >
          > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "louise" <hecubatoher@y...>
          wrote:
          > > Mary,
          > > What do you mean?
          > > Who do you take me for?
          > > I don't have a direct hotline to heaven regarding the afterlife,
          > but
          > > my own beliefs would incline me to think that those grapes are
          > acid,
          > > real acid, and they burn you up the way the victims burned. It
          > > wasn't a joke, that the Lord our God is a jealous God, the kind
          who
          > > visits the sins of the fathers on the sons, to the third and
          fourth
          > > generation. No, I don't have any formal knowledge of Islam, and
          > > congratulate you on your good research and your efforts to
          persuade
          > > literalists of whatever faith, that there are other ways of
          > > translating.
          > > Atheism is a very complex subject. Mine has evolved out of all
          > > recognition, these last six months.
          > > Louise
        • Mary Jo
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
            Yes, Louise. I understand all too well. As you recall, my mother had
            the ailment. The important thing is that you know what's real and
            that you know when to seek protection. We don't have such hostile
            verbal attacks in my village, except amongst the youngsters, so it
            surprises me ... Well I'm getting ready for some partying (not boring
            for the next few days!) ... later. Mary

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2004
              No, Mary, you don't understand in the least - I can detect that by
              your tone. You have felt the pain of these things in your own life,
              I knew that from the beginning, which is why I have stayed as gentle
              as I could, though your words were shredding me up, week by week. I
              still do not blame you. Simply, I urge you to ponder, what you know
              most about. Forget the religious fanatics, would be my advice, and
              think about what you undersand Bill and eduard and Jerry to have
              been saying. 'White wandering field-mouse' was supposed to be
              affectionate code for our friend Buffalo, i.e., not Bill. Oh, you
              Americans and your pirates!! I think: Adam Ant, and - "Stand and
              deliver!" Daring, pioneering pop video, cost a packet at the time.
              Straight to number one. That's faith. Louise