Re: [existlist] Being g-d (long) ~Sartres god~ ~Organized religion~ ~Forced a...

  • Roggles457@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2001
      In a message dated 7/27/01 9:26:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
      cfp8142@... writes:

      << As for something not being able to be both a "being-for-itself" and
      "being-in-itself" I cant help wondering what the multiverse (or universe if
      you prefer - whatever you'd define as "everything" and "all") would be ?
      Would it not be fully aware of everything without itself and within itself
      at the same time ? I should believe so, which further makes Sartres claim
      invalid. >>

      I am not quite sure about this. Technically, the universe (or multiverse) is
      not an actual thing, but rather a intangible way of saying all. The universe
      isn't something you can define as being, but rather the collection of beings.
      It is like a herd of cows. The herd is not aware, but rather each
      individual cow is aware. That is the way I see the universe, therefore, I
      could not see how you would use that on the same plane as the arguement for
      God.

      Ryan