Re: Being watched

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
      More and more interesting. Occasionally a young man might get out
      his mobile telephone, and take a photo of me, or, as I say, I get
      things chucked at me, or subtle stuff is spoken, but I just smile
      sweetly or bawl people out according to the proverb - "From Hull,
      Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us". True, I haven't been to
      Halifax, but seem sufficiently acquainted with the other two for
      hnagers-on to retreat somewhat in the end. It was me, actually, at
      final pitch of exasperation, who clutched the broom and just
      pretended to be about to smash the shop window, as way of saying,
      please, please, just treat me normally, when the errant head flew
      off and made the whole incident really unfunny. Mind you, it is an
      odd way of saying, "I'm normal", but life makes no sense round here.
      I suppose I'm saying more now because the signs of resolution,
      toward good community relations, are unmistakeable, though only
      gradually so, of course, and piecemeal, manifest to given
      individuals. Back to my political roots again, 'think locally, act
      globally', but that can be interpreted stupidly. Human, we're only
      human. Louise