measuring intelligence & voyeurism

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
      I think that if one is surveilled for exercising free speech and
      intelligence, one is involved in a patriotic act. The surveilled, not
      the surveillors. If I or any member of my family was in this
      situation, and I knew about it, I wouldn't have much trouble deciding
      whose side I was on. Mine.

      getting off,
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
        Bill, You seem to understand Mary's words better than I do. Until
        her final words, 'getting off', I thought she was sympathising with
        you and me. This is all getting fraught, to draw on my well-used
        stock of understatement. I've lost count of how many times I've
        been fried alive, so to speak, in recent weeks. I admire you, Bill,
        and maybe you're wasted on those patriotic missions or whatever. To
        be honest, when you first mentioned you'd been approached, I thought
        you were trying to suss me out. It seemed unusual, to make a
        statement like that on the internet, and I did begin to wonder what
        might be coming my way. Louise

        > I think that if one is surveilled for exercising free speech and
        > intelligence, one is involved in a patriotic act. The surveilled,
        not
        > the surveillors. If I or any member of my family was in this
        > situation, and I knew about it, I wouldn't have much trouble
        deciding
        > whose side I was on. Mine.
        >
        > getting off,
        > Mary
      • Mary Jo
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
          Louise, It's a triple entendre. I meant it in 2 ways. We don't have
          to agree about everything do we? Isn't that what we're trying to
          accomplish, the agreement to disagree? I sympathize with most human
          beings. I don't agree with them about most things :-) Mary