Source loss

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
      Over the weekend I lost one reliable source person, she died. She
      was a national level political operative and would trust me even
      though she understood I did not share her viewpoint.In that arena
      there is no such thing as an honest broker but there is a level of
      trust that evolves with time. She left me with credentialing that
      could allow me to establish a further contact. I really do not know
      if I still wish to play. As I said I think politics is operating at
      a level beyond my ability to intrefere, anyway. I am becoming
      cynical beyond the point of any involvement beyond personal
      survival. Must I give back my hair shirt and hippie peace pendant?
      Somehow I have come to understand that in politics you should feel a
      commitment and now I can only think about it. Bill
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2004
        Bill, that's terrible. I know nothing about government and the
        secret services except what little I've found in books and
        magazines. What the doctors call paranoid schizophrenia has
        certainly left me also with a sense of being watched, but I tend to
        ignore that, anyway. I believe my inwardness inviolable.
        Intrusions are an irritation or an outrage, and one can only rely on
        instinct, intelligence and experience, to make these big decisions.
        In case you're wondering, I have never been approached by anyone, to
        do any kind of covert work. I haven't even read John le Carre or
        Frederick Forsyth. Maybe my amateurishness is a godsend to me.
        Please stay with us on existlist, Bill, and let's weave more magic
        words. The Atlantic is a very big sea, and there's so much more I
        want to learn. Louise
        ... oh, by the way, at our village hall on Thursday, there's to be
        some sort of presentation about c.c.t.v. on the streets - a policing
        initiative, i suppose; so we'll all officially know we're being
        watched? ...