Much too serious...

  • C. S. Wyatt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2001
      I have been working on two plays this month, trying to recover them
      from a hard drive crash. Both are about realizing nothing matters,
      yet all matters even more because life is without long-term meaning.

      Sometimes I fear that people in this list take the world too
      seriously. We live, we die. That's it. What matters is the moment and
      what we experience. What we do not experience, we cannot trust. (That
      is why what is not directly known is faith.)

      Long ago, I realized I could not save every child. I could not reform
      American politics. I certainly could not end all wars and suffering.
      What I can do is be honorable and honest, knowing that honesty
      disturbs people.

      "Hope to die before I get old..." George Burns, at 90, quoting some
      rather famous lyric. ( :) )

      - C. S. Wyatt