Perhaps an answer

  • Emma
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2004
      What happiness lies in anything other than one's own mind. What
      cessation of suffering can one hope for than that of one's own?
      Then to experience, not to summise, and guide toward. Let the
      pratical appliance of mental stabilization be the pacifying of all
      personal and worldly unease.

      Firstly, sitting with quiet mind, rest conciousness upon the breath,
      feeling the cold air draw in and warm air expel. Watch how busy the
      thoughts are and question the unruley nature of all minds who have
      not tamed themselves, in particular one's own. Counting without
      distraction the cycles one should note how the mind wanders. If
      there is a desire to rule the mind, not have the mind rule, then one
      should pursue controlling the mind upon the breath to begin with.

      How can a world governed by countless minds be ordered if one mind
      wanders uncontrollably? If peace inner and outer is the dream we
      all dream, we should begin by ordering the projector and not the
      imputation.

      "A formless continuum that functions to apprehend objects of
      knowledge". Forever questioning, always seeking. Two things unify
      all:

      The pursual of happiness,
      and the desire to end one's own suffering.

      Pain is neither elloquent, nor glorious. It is never-ending, self-
      perpetuating, relentless, inexorable and grim. It is as attractive
      as "honey on a razor's edge", and just as deadly. The questing
      adventure of pleasure also as poisonous as arsenous anhydride-laced
      nectar.

      Still the mind, then pervade the mind with goodness.

      What use is this life if not to employ it's true meaning? One can
      paint, one can do sums, one can hang upside-down naked with a rubber
      rope tied to one's ankle. All worldly pursuits have one outcome.

      Meaninglessness.

      To have freedom and endowments such as these is an ethical, and
      moral disgrace to waste, yet yours to choose to waste if you will.
      Given a million credits one can spend, or burn it, it is yours to
      choose; lest us wasting and throwing away and living for aeons in
      cyclic torment. Get out while you have the chance! Get out and
      seek to free all!

      Seeing the actions created through intention incur suchlike, yet
      increased award or effect. Ever mindful of intent, absorbing the
      blissful radiance of wisdom and light. Bear in mind the shadows the
      mind can create, the worlds the mind can inhabit, the decays our
      thoughts can make and like a patient knowing one's own ill state,
      seek
      the medicine of a clean and clear mind. Each of us a cell of
      awareness, co-dependant and dependant related. Never inherantly
      existant, yet utterly unique in dreamlike juxtaposition. With
      acknowledgemnt of your own creation, the creation of yourself by
      yourself, consecrate entirely all affection toward your fellow
      animate thing and
      drown the mind with this. See the torment of their mind and
      generate the wish to free them, again soak the mind in all of this,
      for these are the virtues that will free us all. Once the mind is
      subdued and pliable, with a optical maser-like assiduousness focus
      the mind in dependant relationship, in illusory appearance. All
      phenomenon are dependant related and impermanent. Seeing this,
      allow the mind to relax and be absorbed in this. Releasing oneself
      from one's own grasping mind, be free of solidity and the wheel of
      continuation.

      May the beings of all realms of existence be freed from the torment
      of their own minds.

      Emma
      xXx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2004
        Emma,
        You yourself are an answer, at least to my unvoiced question all
        these months: where are my countrymen? Welcome to 'active
        existlist'.
        As to your message, I respect it for you; as to its meaning for
        myself, I honour, again and again and again, Ezra Pound, man, poet,
        true friend not only to poetry but to poets; and what did he write
        but: 'Plotinus his bellyache.'
        My mind is utterly serene. The sin of the world and the prejudices
        of the colonised (just get that hard humour, folks, and turn some
        tables over ...) fool people into thinking me unquiet.
        Louise
        ... neuronal early-bird ...