giving up

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2004
      No Jerry, and no Bill either,

      Good night, honest spectators,

      Eyes are closing on their own initiative,

      Even the Sean Connery film is over, and I'm way behind, as usual,
      ignorant.

      Which is better, lying down or falling down; it's sometimes possible
      to make too much sense. World's Wildest Police Videos is making
      smashing and screaming noises just behind me on the Alien's Channel
      Five magic box. 'Harriman, Tennessee, 911 call, rookie cop's first
      chase ever ... free-wheeling bad girl ...' oh well, you're mostly
      Americans anyway, why bother? I suppose if I were more awake I
      could pick up new vocabulary - there you go: 'the suspect narrowly
      escapes being T-boned'.

      Amber is furiously plucking at the playcage bars. goodnight.

      Louise
    • Emma
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2004
        Dearest Louise,

        Not only for you being a country fellowman, or woman rather, but for
        being utterly poetic, witty, clever, sharp and insightful. I've
        read your posts for a little while now and if you were a housemate
        I'd definately vote to keep you in.

        "Do you think that is air you're breathing in this place?"

        Yours smiling uncontrollably,

        Emma
        xXx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2004
          Emma,
          You've nearly knocked me off my chair! I'm not used to being
          spoken to like this ... :-)
          Actually, I should mention that the "Big Brother"-type programmes
          have almost entirely passed me by. I remember years ago seeing
          inside the BB house, and gaping in horror at the open-plan kitchen
          with breakfast bar, having to change channels after about 40
          seconds. I didn't get around to noticing the people, and since I'm
          rather doubtful of the value of what gets revealed in public
          sociality (doubtful, not dogmatically dismissive), I'm completely
          out of touch with what qualities Big Brother watchers tend to
          favour. I don't know if I'm making logical sense here, am really
          very tired. Shall probably try to wake myself up by going into the
          fresh air.
          Looking forward to hearing your contributions - we really must
          inform these Starry-Stripy People about life beyond the Atlantic (or
          Pacific), such unthinkable spaces they have, such vehicular
          culture ...
          Oh, I didn't answer your question about the air. Well, if
          necessary, I can always grow me a little pair of gills.
          Louise