Re: The Perceptual Revolution: escaping the prison of the human senses...

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2004
      Another 'sad' scientist writes (-:
      Like the Ozark Cavefish that has no reason to even imagine the
      concept of sight, we may not even be able to currently imagine what
      additional realms surround, intersect with, or affect us
      in a myriad of potential ways. If our current perceptual boundaries
      can be expanded enough, I suspect that future generations will look
      back at us much in the same way that we look upon the Ozark
      Cavefish: as unfortunate creatures who did not have the necessary
      tools to perceive much of what was all around them.

      Louise writes:
      I'm looking at you intellectualists now, and waiting for some sign
      that you actually want to live in the given three dimensions first.
      And people imply that I'M the racist!!!