peaceful californians

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      Zon,
      Your ideas are carefully stated, even though condensed; what comes
      to the fore of my attention is your claim, with all its subsequent
      ramifications, that the foundations of modern society are philosophy
      and psychology. To omit economics from this analysis means that, in
      my view, you are offering evolution of lifestyle, whether to the
      prosperous or to those who wish to become so. Lifestyle is not
      life, and existentialism addresses life.
      I hope you will not be offended if I tell you that your ideas look
      like a theorised version of the well-written, well-acted tv series,
      Six Feet Under, though admittedly this makes for a very approximate
      comparison. Personally, I am not a 'fellow-appreciator of human
      potential'. Your recipe of control would be death to me. I believe
      in freedom of speech, and wish you well, but I think, with respect,
      that you have arrived on the wrong list.
      Louise