while the football continues ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      Mary, I agree entirely with your characterisation of Tommy Beavitt
      as an astute Scotsman. Following a brief e-mail correspondence in
      those days when my mail-box was functioning, I can also testify to
      his sense of humour.
      A couple of hours ago, I was chatting with Paul about your
      communicationalist ideas, and mentioned Sartre group's distinction
      between 'being-in-itself' and 'being-for-itself'; and then, said
      Paul, there's 'being-up-itself', chuckling in schoolboy manner.
      I'll tell them that, shall I, said I, and he concurred. Louise
      ... 13 minutes into extra time, Greece nul, Czechs nul.