the devil and his masks

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 12:36 PM
      Sometimes I appreciate hugely the good writing that appears in the
      Radio Times. Today I purchased our copy for next week's schedules;
      the cover proclaims: COLLECTOR'S SPECIAL! 50 YEARS OF BBC TV NEWS
      On p122, a left-margin flyer for the return of one of my favourites:
      TUESDAY 6 July
      All in the Mind
      9.00pm
      There are millions of perfectly sane, rational people - of whom I am
      one - bonded by a nausea-inducing fear of those hunched, vile,
      scuttling servants of Satan, or spiders as they are known to those
      who have no such feelings of loathing for these creatures.
      One of the items in Dr Raj Persaud's returning series on the limits
      and potential of the human mind is a trip to London Zoo to see if
      their "friendly spider programme" can help a woman overcome her
      fears. Don't do it, love! It's all part of the evil eight-legged
      conspiracy to take over the world. See p18. Jane Anderson

      transcribed by Louise
      ... who likes spiders very much, but has never encountered a
      dangerous one ...