The spin

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 11:57 AM
      On the scene reporters immedately saw the response of the Arabs.
      The strong man was back. Now the white house says this shows the
      change in Iraq, the turning to the decency of American directed,
      Iraqi justice. Should I believe the white house or should I respond
      to what my eyes and ears presented to my brain. Should I believe
      what the administration says the new mind frame has now become or
      should I see and listen to the street response in Bagdad?
      If we have the courage to kill this bastard we will not justify it
      to the majority of Iraqi citizens. To them Bush is the aggressor,
      the war criminal. The further we bend over to make the appearance of
      fairness the more the contra political view will be promoted. The
      more the Arab street is bombarded with this view the less the west
      is trusted. The more belligerant and bellicose Saddam appears the
      more his followers are emboldened. Now the moderate Arabs can again
      see the possibility that the radical view is alive and ready to
      fight.
      The US citisenry must use its eyes and ears to see what is
      actually happening. If we continue to listen to the spin we move
      further and further from the reality of the world. We have managed
      to position ourselves to appear weak and vascilating to the
      ancient, barbaric foes, aggressive and single minded to our former
      allies and worse than all confused within our own councils. This is
      directly about the phenomonology of observation. View the tapes,
      listen to the dialogue, observe the body language and come to a
      conclusion as to what this means to the Arabs, to our allies and to
      the future of this country. Is this not what we are about as
      existentialists or are we to believe and take another leap of faith,
      side with George and drift into a worsening endless war. Bill