it seems like it's all been done, duzzit?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      regeneration has been done before also, and, there's nothing new
      under the sun, said old Solomon, no fool he.
      i really wish i knew the Old Testament better - certainly it's
      very 'human', i think, in Mary Jo's sense, and in my coldly salad
      idealist days, too too human for me. but when i first encountered
      the way William Tyndale translated the story of Isaac and Rebecca, i
      was enchanted, and communicated my enthusiasm to the minister, new
      tome held under my arm, shining-eyed ... poor man. maybe i'll give
      up on plans to re-inflict myself on the traditional protestants of
      our days. to be on good terms as friends and neighbours is quite
      enough. Paul, though, is still very nervous of them.
      i'll reserve a new post for the Old Testament narrative itself.

      louise