Arabic Lore

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      We can never go back, Bill. And even if we have a breakthrough such
      as you mention, some phenomenal technology or contact, we'll still be
      stuck with the same fundamental problem of elitism and a means to
      maintain the power base. I'm afraid the solution can only come from
      the suggestion of the seeming impossibility of the blue rose, that
      other bit of Arabic lore. In other words, the discovery will have to
      be of an evolutionary nature, something that develops and exploits
      the power of individual. Not hocus-pocus propaganda, not genetic
      engineering, not extra-terrestrial elitism, but the tapping of the
      energy that is the will to power. Is that Nietzsche? When
      George/Bertran doesn't have power over anyone, but anyone has power
      over him. Rather than a destructive force, it will be an isolating
      and empowering force. Not the isolation from all other people, just
      the isolation from the ones we don't choose to encounter. I know it
      sounds like a 'pipe' dream, but I just can't see it coming from
      anywhere else. Give me a scenario. I'll consider it. And I'm not a
      blue-lotus eater. Mary