Satans ways

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2004
      Milton`s Satan seems to view one of the attributes of hell to be
      it`s unchanging framework. Conservatives abhor change and now ,
      since they hold power, we all get our little bit of hell. Indeed
      they have ground progress to a halt and as the "Poet Lauriet of the
      Big Blue Stem, Steve Miller says"It seems like it`s all been done".
      We have found out how big and how old the universe is and now we can
      expect to plod along at its cosmic pace. We have found the smallest
      material entities and have discovered their derivitave energies
      impossible to extract or control. We have printed our genetic map
      but find its manipulation frought with danger and difficulty. All
      in all it is a fine time for satan and conservatives because there
      is little grand progress able to blow us off dead center.
      Those of us who like change and progress find ourselves frustrated
      and used. It seems we fight like hell to maintain the status quo
      against the powers of darkness, decay and regression. I hope it is
      only a mini dark ages but great oaks from little acorns grow.
      A breakthrough in fusion research, a new genetic breakthrough that
      would endow us with immunity from viral disease or something
      completely new like an extraterrestrial visit may be needed to
      break the surly bonds of regression. Even as I age I hope for such
      things, knowing they will cause disruption and new choatic
      redistributions. As it is there is George and war, and a slow slide
      into oblivion. It seems like it`s all been done. Bill