Cosmic annihiliation

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      Another piece to the puzzle of our singular and lonely existance is
      falling into place. The existential founders posited the concept of
      angst. On a personal scale this reveals itself as a lost sense of
      singularity in a world of other. Now the species, Homo Sapiens, can
      magnify that individual perception with the realisation of a
      superlative moribund force within the cosmos.
      Cosmic rays have long been mysterious as to their origin. Now their
      source has been found to be hypernovi events. Super massive
      protostars explode, then implode into supermassive black holes. The
      energy squeezed from these events jets out as deadly streams of
      cosmic rays.

      In the past few years scientists from Neatherlands,Italy and USA
      have worked with visual light and radio telescopes along with
      sattelite telemetry to try to ascertain the relative distances and
      magnitude of these events. It turns out these events take place at
      cosmic distances and therefore are of unprecedented magnitude since
      the Big Bang. The dark side is that anything within galactic distance
      is scoured into sterality by searing radiation, heat and shock waves.
      Early life, advanced life, intelligent life within range of these
      events has been completelt irradicated. They happen often and
      considering a galaxy has billions of stars the implications are
      stark.
      Along with superlative distances and vast time continuums, these
      killer stellae make our evolution an even more segregated and
      phenominal series of teneous events . So we as individuals only
      mirror the precipitous chance of our species and one of the basic
      tenants of classical existentialism is magnified by the very stars.
      Bill
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        Bill,It was a wonderful Nova wasn't it? The burning straw that I hold
        onto is that in that remnant stardust is more of the stuff 'life' is
        made of. In the destruction, the creation, etc. Jo