Re: Shari...

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2004
      rubster cruiser wrote:
      > why dont u try other books by rushdie/ midnight's children,
      shame...they are examples.

      because i'm already way behind my own desires in reading Homer,
      Nietzsche, Dante, Vergil, Rilke, and many others i could name. on a
      number of occasions, i've browsed in bookshops and libraries,
      looking at modern novels, and, with the exception of such as Iain
      Sinclair, Michael Moorcock (Mother London), Douglas Oliver (The
      Harmless Building) and a few others, i'm so far somewhat allergic to
      twentieth-century fiction. much more likely to eat gingerbread than
      whitbread.

      > louise <hecubatoher@y...> wrote:
      > Hello! Rubster!
      >
      > Welcome to the list. Sorry I'm a little belated with that -
      haven't
      > been busy so much as flat out.
      > Speaking for myself, I've read no Indian authors so far as I can
      > remember, since the 70s, when I was into books on yoga, and the
      > Bhagavad Gita, and the 19th century missionary stuff -
      Vivekananda;
      > though at the time I don't think I had any clue that such a man
      was
      > relatively speaking a modern.
      > However, a friend of mine a few years back (ten?), showed me his
      > copy of Satanic Verses. I took a quick look, but didn't get on
      with
      > the prose, to say the least.
      >
      > Cheers! Louise ...
      >
      > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, rubster cruiser <rubster85@y...>
      > wrote:
      > > incidentally, do u read indian authors?
      > > and hav u read aadhe adhure?
      > >

      > > shari hyder <hydersjmj@x> wrote:
      > > Yes, thank you. You are right of course. Google is a great
      option.

      > > shari

      oups/S=1705689216:HM/EXP=1085383890/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http