Hammering Celts

    Message 1 of 3 , May 31 4:09 PM
      I am back from the festival of the incongruous. All I could gather
      was that a great many people are tired of who they are and are
      searching about for a new riff. Jo, I bet your o`l man was fetching.
      How about a festival where you must be naked and be armed with a
      Cane , hammer sword.
      We had a go with a Mercedes 500. It was fun sucking turkeys out to
      take the front door. Some still have a sense of adventure and have to
      go run with the open top, two seaters. I came back on the old, two
      lane highway, through all the towns abandoned when the interstate
      took the traffic away. Those were the towns my great grandfather
      visited when he went to town. No new buildings, just fewer old ones.
      It is a time slot with Grinnell College right in the center of it. It
      is a pure Liberal Arts school and like it`s surroundings seems to be
      of little worth. Yet the creme de la creme of brillient, discontented
      youth study arcayne subjects far from the roar of all we hold
      dear.This place has no group tradition, no religous tradition or
      nationalistic commonality. It is a individualists haven , frozen in
      time. I saw a buildind with twenty foot Ionic columns, completely
      abandoned. That tempts me, an existentialist temple to the faithless
      faith. What would we put inside, only one thing, much like the
      statue of Athena in the Parthanon? Tempt me, tell me. I might buy
      the beautiful , old thing. Bill
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 3 , May 31 5:41 PM
        How about Succellos, the celtic god of death and fertility? He's a
        sort of pluto-hades-thor variously depicted with hammer, or poppy
        stalk, or staff. The depiction shown on my profile pix is
        interesting. He's holding a jar of some sort (narcotic?) and a staff.
        The headpiece is astounding, a wheel of some sort. He looks like he
        needs to be made more anatomically correct. Either that or he's
        intentionally androgenous. If you want a goddess, you can decide.
        We'll need to hire a sculptor/tress to commission the replica. Since
        you still have money left from your trip to the colonies, you can
        make this most important purchase.

        Did you run into any Bergerons? They're my distant Acadian cousins.
        Some of my ancestors wandered into Quebec and some wandered into
        Lousiana. It's fun trying to honor and play with mixed identities.
        I'm French-Canadian, German, Scottish, and Cherokee/Oneida. Jo
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
          Jo,

          Am very suspicious of this quasai-divinity - what's with the metal
          bobbin; and are those speed-cameras affixed?
          By the way, your hippie-dork memorabilia were very cute; am not sure
          why I've gone so plural. Was very irritated ten minutes ago, simply
          because I seem to have pulled a muscle in my back at waist level,
          which strangely skewed my whole ability to think. Can't feel it now
          I'm sitting. Just when I wriggle.
          Now, should I watch Life with Judy Garland, BBC1 news, or The Phil
          Silvers Show(The Colonel's Promotion)?
          Answers on a brick wall, so long as it's sponsored by the Arts'
          Council, a designated wall, or even better, a virtual wall, silent
          or not.

          The Loud One