The Best Company

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2004
      It's okay to enjoy your own company. Whether it's a handy thought or
      deep philosophical meanderings. We're always alone anyway. The rare
      and blissful connections are well ... rare and blissful. Nietzsche
      says it better than I can.

      ----------------------------------

      A philosopher—is a human being who constantly experiences, sees,
      hears, suspects, hopes, and dreams extraordinary things; who is
      struck by his own thoughts as from outside, as from above and below,
      as by his type of experiences and lightning bolts; who is perhaps
      himself a storm pregnant with new lightnings; a fatal human being
      around whom there are constant rumblings and growlings, crevices, and
      uncanny doings. A philosopher—alas, a being that often runs away from
      itself, often is afraid of itself—but too inquisitive not to "come
      to" again—always back to himself ... Uncle Freddie

      I've been pregnant, but certainly not with lightning bolts; and
      rumblings, growlings, crevices and uncanny doings? Funny words,
      almost like concupiscence. You, however, know about crevices.