co-lamo

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2004
      My most sincere sympathy, Bill. Your ankle will mend since you have
      such great desire to be fully operational. Should I order two canes?
      You know our Uncle Albert II believed in ride hard, die fast. It was
      self-fulfilling prophecy. You on the other hand, just keep riding
      hard. Don't worry, we won't put you down. You've a few good years
      left. Don't we all want to stick around to see how it all goes down?
      For one day, and one day only, I'm going to post a picture from my
      dangerous past. I'd like to see some of the ones you've saved, but I
      know that won't happen. First I have to go find the box within which
      they're so carefully concealed. Jo

      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2004
        Mary Jo,
        I'm hoping these canes you keep going on about are for training up
        some sweet peas - and to make a proper show, you need far more than
        two. Gardens are much on my mind at present, and the weekend here
        in Langley Park has been stupendous, weather-wise (see madmen group
        for domestic details ...).
        The dandelions I grow from seed in pots, to provide succulent leaves
        for the hamsters, were flowering days ago, and everywhere there are
        trees in leaf, and blossom in some cases already beginning to fall.
        Before I embarked on the mammoth laundral task, I was digging out
        old files of my own compositions, both mad and sane, searching
        internet archives, bringing dusty volumes of poetry down from
        shelves, and generally hatching some new, synthesised ideas - well,
        in theory; we'll have to see what emerges.
        All I can think of now is, where did that lovely stuffed camel go,
        that I used to cradle in my arms and carry round the village
        sometimes, five years ago?
        Louise

        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2004
          Mary Jo,
          I've never before seen a vehicle like the one in your pictures - has
          it been tortured? Hurry, everyone, I take it there's less than an
          hour to go, or am I being parochially British here? Probably.
          Louise