Re: Happy Birthday Mary Jo

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2004
      Thank you Trinidad. Your last paragraph reminded me of a poem I wrote
      in Arizona the summer of 2000. You've reinforced so many of my own
      ideas in your own individual way that I consider your posting a
      birthday present. Nice to know you're still with us. Mary Jo

      Light Bodies

      When the indigo blanket of night
      unfolds so softly and deep
      over silky low clouds of lavender
      apricot and the palest green
      the first faint twinklings of starlight
      promise new dreams and horizons
      I chart my adventures beginning

      Across dark and desolate deserts
      waves of warm sand whirl me
      past shadows of statued saguaro
      sentinels of a secret border
      where cool breezes are whispering stories
      laughter and music and dancing
      I hear lovers and evergreens sighing

      Near a cold glassy lake in a forest
      where grasses are dewy and sweet