Thus Spake....Satan

  • Sexystud69_17@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2004
      <<I am allowed to have feelings.>>

      Of course you are, and no one is contesting that.

      <<you came back to post after an absence,>>

      I tend to do that. I post when the muse strikes me.

      <<accused me out of several possible candidates of rambling away from
      the topic of academic existentialism>>

      This came after you made a vague critique of my response to Bill. I
      didn't ask for unnecessary critique, and I don't want it. When I
      post, I want a response that deals specifically with the topic, and
      not your view of my posting style. If you need to ask questions, feel
      free to do so. But, vague statements about being "explicit" are not
      needed.

      <<I believe sentimentality is always a bad and brutal thing, whenever
      it is 'used', rather than given way to.>>

      I, however, disagree. If one gives way to sentimentality, then they
      obviously have little or no control over their sensibilities, or at
      least it would seem that way. But, someone who uses sentimentality
      would seem to have complete control, as well as, awareness of any
      necessary limitations.

      <<"Badness" is the love of deceit for its own sake.>>

      I believe that deciet is a necessary tool of survival. However, like
      sentimentality, it should be used in moderation and in the proper
      context.

      <<'my' 'religious' 'Satan' is a mythic figure based on the poetry of
      Milton and Blake, with especial reference to the first two books
      of 'Paradise Lost', 'The Songs of Innocence and Experience' and 'The
      Marriage of Heaven and Hell'. Then there is the 'Divine Comedy' of
      Dante, and the drawings of Gustave Dore and the etchings of Blake
      himself.>>

      So, your idea is based on works of fiction. Fine.

      <<You're hijacking a powerful mythos>>

      I'm not hijacking anything. Satanism simply gives the Satan of all
      lores a voice to speak, and properly represent him-/herself. Except
      Satan is merely a manifestation of natural human needs and desires.
      Needs and desires that are erroneously labled as "sinful" by the
      white-light religions.

      <<in order to fulfil your own neo-liberal cult of narcissistic
      fulfilment.>>

      Wrong. Narcissism is extreme love for oneself. Satanism is neither a
      cult nor neo-liberalism. It is a religion focused on many egoistic
      philosophies.

      <<So why not ditch the 'Satanist' claim, or label, or whatever it
      is.>>

      Because it compliments the ideas of Satanism. We are "adversaries" to
      all ideologies, philosophies and religions that look to condemn
      and/or lable humankind as wrong, sinful or evil because they choose
      to live by the laws of nature, as opposed to the assanine laws
      of "God", which are really the laws of man attributed to a god for
      validity purposes.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1 12:17 AM
        I find your approach over-intellectual, but you and I are on the
        same side. If you could find it in you to read Blake and Milton
        rather than to ignore or manipulate them you would come to see that.