Live, Act, Write

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2004
      Jo, I usually do not accept advice but this seems appropriate since
      Uncle Albert2 gives it and it is such an easy prescription for me.
      Bill
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2004
        Hi Bill,

        Simple is always best. Start that way. End that way.

        Jo

        > Jo, I usually do not accept advice but this seems appropriate since
        > Uncle Albert2 gives it and it is such an easy prescription for me.
        > Bill
      • Mary Jo
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
          Bill, continuing your metaphor . . . this is a wonderful prescription
          for life. I think Camus grasped it very early and was just working
          out the details. I wish you were my dentist. As I left your office,
          you could write me nice non-pharmaceutical prescriptions from your
          pad that read stuff like: "Act your age, woman." or "Wear your
          leathers twice a day for 1 week." or "Call me at the office if things
          don't improve. We'll try something else." You know? Things like that.
          We need to learn how to live, 'cause it's something our parents can't
          teach us. We need to decide how to act. We need to write, since it
          sometimes shows us our pretentions, and other times it just puts it
          all out there for us to see and revise if necessary. Jo

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 29, 2004
            Thankfully my own dentist is much more discreet.
            Louise