Re: The third Matrix

  • Brian M.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26 3:49 PM
      I thought that the Matrix trilogy was a straight rip from christian
      myth. Substitute Neo for Jesus, the computer's agents for the Romans,
      and the Architect (The Father), Neo (The Son), and the Oracle (the
      Holy Spirit) Heck, the leading lady is named Trinity (my Mother is
      Catholic). On another side, you have the story of Moses' exodus of
      the hebrew slaves from Egypt apparent in Morpheus' mass exodus of
      human slaves from the matrix. Zion is both the name of the promised
      land of the Jews and the home of all the liberated "Neo-phytes" from
      the matrix. (pun intended)

      In the end, Neo is sacrificed to "save" those who have chosen to
      break out of the matrix. He dissappears into a flash of white light
      shaped as a cross. I guess the idea is that he is dying to save
      anyone that wants to be out of the matrix.

      The idea of free will is an essential concept that supporters of
      christianity use to defend their fire and brimstone brandishing god,
      and free will is likewise an essential concept in the matrix. The
      architect acts as the God-figure in the matrix, and although he
      apparently has omniscient powers over the matrix he allows Neo to
      keep the semblance of choice. See the transcript:
      http://www.neoandtrinity.net/transcript.html
      Neo chose to leave the Matrix in the first movie (red pill or blue?),
      so he wasn't really thrown into a different existence. Nor does he
      refuse to return to the dream world. He constantly goes in and out of
      the matrix to run his little errands, but it would be impossible for
      him to ever reintegrate to the matrix once he knows the truth about
      the world. So goes the movie with the "follow me and ye shall be
      saved" propaganda. I kinda lost interest in the series after the
      second one when I figured out what they were doing. It could aptly be
      retitled "the Passion of the Wachowski Brothers"

      -Brian