Re: A man carried away by his . . .

  • Knott
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
      > I petition that we forgive the passionate their passion.

      And the murderers their passion for murdering...and the robbers their passion for
      greed...and the ambitious their passion for notariety... the glutton their passion
      for empty fulfillment ... The rapist for their desire.

      To me these might all be passions. Something is not inexcusable because it is
      desired, willed, wanted, or weaved. All passion is not good.

      Fried Pertaters
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 1, 2004
        Fictive Parrot,

        I speak only of Trinidad's passion for lucidity and alcohol. No one
        else here seems to have any. However, feel free to extrapolate our
        little theatre of the absurd. Nobody does it with more panache than
        you, Knott. You are the surrealist supreme. Or is that Dadaist, a
        parlor nihilist. Or even, possibly an absurdist, a parlor
        existentialist. Oh all these labels. My label maker has run out of
        those neat little stickers. You can put whatever you like on your
        label.

        We love your little outbursts. It's the spice we crave.

        Mary Jo

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
          Chips,
          You're a Christian, man. Pass the salt.
          Sweet Vinegar

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
            Mary Jo,
            Trinidad's passion for lucidity! Give me strength!!
            Louise

            > Fictive Parrot,
            >
            > I speak only of Trinidad's passion for lucidity and alcohol. No
            one
            > else here seems to have any. However, feel free to extrapolate our
            > little theatre of the absurd. Nobody does it with more panache
            than
            > you, Knott. You are the surrealist supreme. Or is that Dadaist, a
            > parlor nihilist. Or even, possibly an absurdist, a parlor
            > existentialist. Oh all these labels. My label maker has run out of
            > those neat little stickers. You can put whatever you like on your
            > label.
            >
            > We love your little outbursts. It's the spice we crave.
            >
            > Mary Jo
            >
            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "Knott" <god@t...> wrote:
            > > > I petition that we forgive the passionate their passion.
            > >
            > > And the murderers their passion for murdering...and the robbers
            > their passion for
            > > greed...and the ambitious their passion for notariety... the
            > glutton their passion
            > > for empty fulfillment ... The rapist for their desire.
            > >
            > > To me these might all be passions. Something is not inexcusable
            > because it is
            > > desired, willed, wanted, or weaved. All passion is not good.
            > >
            > > Fried Pertaters
          • Knott
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
              > You're a Christian, man. Pass the salt.

              Who is the absurdist, me or you?

              Former Foothold
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 2, 2004
                Now I'm nervous - don't know much about mathematics ...

                Delphic Dolphin