Re: [existlist] The error bred in the bone . . .

  • jerryjfortin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
      In a message dated 01/04/2004 7:54:21 AM Mountain Standard Time,
      alcyon11@... writes:

      > But wait we're gonna die anyway so why bother? Why should I, composed
      > like them of lust and dust, beleaguered by the same negation and
      > despair, show an affirming flame? Why, I ask you, why?

      You should empathise with others, if for no other reason that their plight
      could very well become your own for reasons unknown. If you help, than you may
      be helped. There are no guarantees in life, but having friends and helping
      them out sometimes makes all the difference in the world. Perhaps an individual
      has never known or even seen despair, but that does not mean it does not
      exist. Its existance is a fact of life, and most of the people on the planet are
      in the middle ground between human greed and desperate need. We can look up
      and see benefits of largess and we can look down and see the abject poverty of
      those in desperate need.

      It is said that the only sure thing is that things will change, but for whom
      and to what cannot be said. We all have our ups and downs, but its better to
      be up. So if we can help someone who is down, then perhaps they can do the
      same for someone else. It may start a trend of people caring and helping, or it
      may not. The only certainty is that until someone starts there is no trend.

      So that is why you must try. There is always those in need, so we must all
      do what we can.

      Jerry