Shame

  • Mary Jo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
      Somewhere tonight the light has gone out in her baby's eyes
      Somewhere tonight the breath has gone out of a suffering sigh
      Somewhere tonight a young man is unbuttoning her blouse

      Somewhere tonight a body is dragged in the street
      Somewhere tonight a baby is dead at the breast
      Somewhere tonight a lover is lost in her thighs

      I cry when you threaten your suicide
      I scream when you give up your mind
      I weep as you murder your other

      You cowards
    • cribprdb
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
        The night of Sunday October 19, he couldn't sleep and lay outside on
        his cot to watch the stars. The next morning after eating some tuna,
        he sat down in front of the TV, notebook in hand, to plan a new
        novel; it was to be titled after his father's old shop - The
        Spotlight Print. Just getting out of bed Stella heard groans in the
        bathroom and found him on his knees, vomiting blood. He told her he
        didn't want to go to the hospital, but he cooperated when the
        ambulance attendants arrived. As they were leaving, he said - Stella
        I hurt - which shocked her because it was the first time she had
        ever heard him complain. Then he shocked her even more by saying,
        for the second time since they had married - Stella I love you.

        Less than a day later, on the morning of October 21, after
        twenty-six blood transfusions, Jean Louis Kerouac died in St.
        Anthony's Hospital of hemorrhaging esophageal varices, the classic
        drunkards death.

        Trinidad

        > Somewhere tonight the light has gone out in her baby's eyes
        > Somewhere tonight the breath has gone out of a suffering sigh
        > Somewhere tonight a young man is unbuttoning her blouse
        >
        > Somewhere tonight a body is dragged in the street
        > Somewhere tonight a baby is dead at the breast
        > Somewhere tonight a lover is lost in her thighs
        >
        > I cry when you threaten your suicide
        > I scream when you give up your mind
        > I weep as you murder your other
        >
        > You cowards
      • Mary Jo
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
          Trinidad,

          You can't let the pain twist you inside out or bleed you dry. Like
          Springsteen once said, "let the broken heart stand. it's the price
          you gotta pay. keep pushin til it's understood and these badlands
          start treatin us good. no retreat. no surrender. forever free.

          Good night,
          Jo

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2004
            Mary Jo,
            I'm afraid I don't usually know what Trinidad is referring to, and I
            keep harking back to his personal remarks earlier, which I'm
            perfectly ready to forget, if I have the chance. So thanks for
            stepping in and being better than constructive.
            Louise