Re: Challenges

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
      Bill,
      My own dyslexia is entirely confined to the keyboard mode of
      transcription - every rule of health and safety, of secretarial
      competence, is broken daily, as I hunch over this little writing
      machine, looking up now and again to check my spelling and spacing.
      My left hand doesn't necessarily know what my right is doing, and I
      did mean to write, for instance, 'paranoia'.
      The battles are to the strong and to the cunning, and as you've kept
      getting up after being knocked unconscious, I'm tracking you as
      close as I can. Strong I'm not. Though it depends what that means.
      Louise

      > Louisr, I have a left /right learning aphasia. That is probably
      why
      > I so often transpose letters. I have been knocked unconscious so
      > many times I have a good deal of short term memory deficet. Since
      > removed myself from those activities where I get hit in the head
      > am improving. It has been a battle and always will be. Bill
    • Mary Jo
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
        Bill,

        Getting old is handicap enough, hey Bill? Bet you didn't think when
        you were an angry young man, you'd get brain damage. Oh, the
        indestructibility of youth. Oh the wisdom of old age. You communicate
        quite well enough. I've always had a hard time stopping my brain. It
        tends to run out there ahead of both my mouth and my fingers on the
        keyboard. That's my biggest handicap. The other physical stuff is
        just annoying. If I lose my ability to think, write or talk, just
        shoot me, please.

        Jo