Louise SPAMS Trinidad

  • cribprdb
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 31, 2004
      Louise

      Please don't reply to my answers to questions from others with
      unrelated subject matter. Follow the thread. If you want to babble
      on unrelated matters just open a new thread. What you are doing
      amounts to SPAM. I have just opened this thread for you. Enjoy.

      If you want to correspond with me e-mail me privately. You can SPAM
      away there. The list is a service to other people besides you.

      Trinidad
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 31, 2004
        Trinidad,

        You misunderstand and you misjudge. I won't be wasting any more
        time on you.

        Louise

      • jerryjfortin@aol.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 31, 2004
          Louise,

          Don't take it too seriously, there are many strange birds under the sun.
          Feel free, live free, stand when you want to and sit when it suits you. There are
          many who choose to insult or complain, but there are some choose to support,
          there always is.

          Take care
          Jerry

        • cribprdb
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 31, 2004
            You misunderstand and misjudge. British colonial humor is entirely
            wasted on me for many reasons. If you want to discuss those reasons
            some time we can do that.
            tc

            > Trinidad,
            >
            > You misunderstand and you misjudge. I won't be wasting any more
            > time on you.
            >
            > Louise
            >

            > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "cribprdb" <trinidad@i...>
            wrote:
            > > Louise
            > >
            > > Please don't reply to my answers to questions from others with
            > > unrelated subject matter. Follow the thread. If you want to
            babble
            > > on unrelated matters just open a new thread. What you are doing
            > > amounts to SPAM. I have just opened this thread for you. Enjoy.
            > >
            > > If you want to correspond with me e-mail me privately. You can
            > SPAM
            > > away there. The list is a service to other people besides you.
            > >
            > > Trinidad
          • cribprdb
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 31, 2004
              Our responsibility here is not therapy.
              tc

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 31, 2004
                Thanks, Jerry,
                I've already forgotten that particular idiot - another jerk who
                fancies himself as someone else, and hasn't yet woken up to the fact
                he's in an existentialist group, for crying out loud.
                Louise

                --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, jerryjfortin@a... wrote:
                > Louise,
                >
                > Don't take it too seriously, there are many strange birds under
                the sun.
                > Feel free, live free, stand when you want to and sit when it suits
                you. There are
                > many who choose to insult or complain, but there are some choose
                to support,
                > there always is.
                >
                > Take care
                > Jerry

              • Susan Schnelbach
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 31, 2004
                  Louise -

                  Let's keep the personal attacks to yourself. No name calling here.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                    Susan,
                    Are you kidding me here? You personally said that I wouldn't be
                    thrown off the list for calling Sartre a dangerous jerk, because in
                    your opinion he WAS an egotistical jerk, or something like that.
                    Has Trinidad been reprimanded for calling eduard a pompous old fart,
                    or for suggesting I should get a clue or else a life?
                    I look simply for consistency, honour, respect. Unfortunately, I
                    now have to be a little more specific about people in my own
                    vicinity, lurkers, I believe, in denial, and evasive. There is a
                    local man who wishes to be a kind of magical (not magickal)
                    Mohammed, and maybe hasn't realised yet that he's Abel, though still
                    alive.
                    And as it's too distressing as yet to speak to Bill directly, I'ld
                    say, if I may, the thing that isn't as bad as you think doesn't
                    exist - it's a trick of the mind, created by the complexities of
                    culture. The personal stuff, about my body, well, that's been
                    hurled in my face and behind my back, for years.
                    Louise
                    ... whose neurons are doing fine, because of honourable eduard,
                    who's far more than extremely intelligent ...

                    --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, Susan Schnelbach <susan@t...>
                    wrote:
                    > Louise -
                    >
                    > Let's keep the personal attacks to yourself. No name calling here.
                    >

                    > On Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at 10:00 AM, louise wrote:
                    >
                    > > Thanks, Jerry,
                    > > I've already forgotten that particular idiot - another jerk who
                    > > fancies himself as someone else, and hasn't yet woken up to the
                    fact
                    > > he's in an existentialist group, for crying out loud.
                    > > Louise
                    > >
                    > > --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, jerryjfortin@a... wrote:
                    > >> Louise,
                    > >>
                    > >> Don't take it too seriously, there are many strange birds under
                    > > the sun.
                    > >> Feel free, live free, stand when you want to and sit when it
                    suits
                    > > you. There are
                    > >> many who choose to insult or complain, but there are some choose
                    > > to support,
                    > >> there always is.
                    > >>
                    > >> Take care
                    > >> Jerry

                    > > ---------------------~-->
                    > > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or
                    Lexmark

                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                      Calling Sartre, or any other writer, a jerk is not a personal attack.
                      That is an opinion.

                      If Sartre was a member of this group, calling him a jerk would be a
                      personal attack.

                    • Mary Jo
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                        Hello Susan,

                        Just like in everyday life, the children command most of our
                        attention, I guess it shouldn't be any different in this format. I do
                        think it's a shame that someone with fresh ideas and something
                        worthwhile to contribute should be driven off with drivel. There is
                        nothing more frustrating for adults to have to deal with other adults
                        who act like children. As the daughter of a schizophrenic, I speak
                        with a poignant experience. Many children of the parents who are
                        mentally ill or afflicted with Alzheimers know how difficult it is.
                        Adults have rights and often assert them, but they behave as
                        children, and we are forced into treating them like children.
                        Fortunate are those who can deal with this existential conundrum. It
                        takes great courage and acceptance of our mutual human frailty.

                        Take care,
                        Mary Jo

                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                          Susan,
                          I notice you don't answer my question about Trinidad's insults.
                          Also, your idea that calling Sartre a jerk is not a personal attack -
                          or, as CSW did, casually re-telling an unfunny joke about Nietzsche
                          being a sociopath - well, that shows that your own relationship to
                          existentialism is purely cerebral. Like FN, I feel my philosophical
                          ideas in my gut; if anyone insults a philosopher I love, whether
                          living or dead, it's like a punch ion the gut. That's why I get
                          angry. Can't you at least imagine your way into that? Suppose
                          someone told a sick joke about a cat of yours that had died ...
                          Louise

                          Message 12 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                            Mary Jo,
                            On one of my rare surfing sessions, back on 14 March, I discovered
                            ROMUNIVERSE.COM
                            Thought you might appreciate a choice selection from their 'Funny
                            Misc. Stuff' -

                            #Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their
                            shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and
                            you have their shoes.

                            #Thank you for not annoying me more than you do.

                            #Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

                            #If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.

                            #It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

                            #I'm extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.

                            #I'd like to help you out; which way did you come in?

                            #I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. This wasn't it.

                            #Well this day was a total waste of make-up.

                            madwoman smiling at grief

                            Message 13 of 15 , Apr 2, 2004
                              You do not personally know Sartre or Nietzsche, therefore someone
                              rendering an opinion on them does not have anything to do with you.
                              Calling Sartre a jerk, after reading about his personality or behavior
                              is not a personal attack since he is not a member of this list.
                              Personal attacks are insults directed at someone here.

                              If you disagree with someone's opinion on a philosopher you like,
                              intelligently offer a differing viewpoint, backing it up with evidence.
                              That is what this group is here for. Besides, admiring someone's
                              writing has nothing to do with liking them personally. Nietzsche may
                              very well have been a sociopath, there's no shame in that unless you
                              are also a murdering sociopath. Having sociopathic tendencies is just
                              as much a mental aberration/abnormality as being schizophrenic.
                              Nietzsche would not have any more control over sociopathic tendencies
                              than someone who was autistic or neurotic or pyschotic.

                              Telling a sick joke about a dead pet, child, or parent is greatly
                              different from telling a joke about a public figure you don't know and
                              who died long ago. Besides, I can't think of what a joke about
                              someone's mental defects would be and don't believe Christopher would
                              have said something like that as a joke.

                              As for Trinidad, I have no idea. I believe that insult occurred some
                              time ago. It not, then I simply may not have caught it, or I privately
                              asking him to cease and desist. As I've said before, many times, I
                              don't read all posts thoroughly. I don't have the time to do that.

                              And no, I am not an existentialist. Nor do I voluntarily read the
                              literature of that time period (I believe the last time I read any of
                              the traditional existentialists was in high school). I am here to make
                              sure you all stay somewhat on topic and don't start hurling verbal
                              knives at each other. I don't have to have an interest in existential
                              literature or philosophers to do that.

                              Message 14 of 15 , Apr 3, 2004
                                Susan,
                                Wow! I have no personal animus toward you at all, and appreciate
                                you're busy and acting in good faith within your own believed
                                parameters of value; but that statement of yours, that you don't
                                have to be an existentialist in order to keep us all on topic is so
                                amazing to me that I haven't closed my mouth yet.
                                I have actually had private messages of support; and though I
                                absolutely believe you never intended it, for me the worst 'verbal
                                knives' have emanated from you as moderator, castigating and
                                instructing me both on this message board and to my mail-box.
                                However, now this is all out in the open, and after much sleep last
                                evening and overnight, I have to say I feel like a new person, so to
                                speak, and hope there'll be no more need for controversy, at least
                                from my quarter. I came to this group to discuss philosophy, and
                                never in the world to seek therapy, which is the last thing I need,
                                in my opinion; and I wish to continue discussing philosophy here for
                                as long as possible or needful.
                                With all good wishes,
                                Louise

                                Message 15 of 15 , May 3 9:49 AM
                                  --- In existlist@yahoogroups.com, "cribprdb" <trinidad@i...> wrote:
                                  > Louise
                                  >
                                  > Please don't reply to my answers to questions from others with
                                  > unrelated subject matter. Follow the thread. If you want to babble
                                  > on unrelated matters just open a new thread. What you are doing
                                  > amounts to SPAM. I have just opened this thread for you. Enjoy.
                                  >
                                  > If you want to correspond with me e-mail me privately. You can
                                  SPAM
                                  > away there. The list is a service to other people besides you.
                                  >
                                  > Trinidad

                                  - Unclear, and probably uninteresting. Comments?