Trinidad

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2004
      I just returned from"THE ART Center". It is a fine museum of modern
      art but the locals think museum means big ol skeletons and a history
      of Agriculture. We do not wish to confuse so I been gettin some ART.
      We have acquired a new Jackson Pollock and it is beautiful. The
      security guard explained to me that it reminds him of aerial
      reconnesance photos when he was in Viet Nam. When I explained that
      Pollock often did his work from above the guard was impressed with
      his incisive discernment of the situation.
      A college art appreciation class was there. They were from Central
      college. The college is owned by the Dutch Reformed Church . I have
      seen everything but the Pollock many times so I watched the young
      Christians as much as the hangings. They were quiet and apprehensive
      and I could tell they were out of their depth. Yet one boldness
      surfaced, they gathered about the works with an obvious sexual
      motif. A nude of three lesbians, mid debauche, held a mixed couple in
      rapt attention. They literally camped in front of it on the floor. I
      know they were transfixed that such a thing could be publicly viewed.
      There is an entire gallery known to members as the existential
      gallery. "Man Pointing" by Giacocometti is there. He was a confidant
      of Simone. He constructed his sculptures and then disconstructed
      them , over and over again. Man Pointing is a single figure, sparse
      and desolate. He points with one hand and blocks with the other. He
      is utterly alone and blasted to a rough near nothingness. His penis
      is terribly small so the students gave him little notice.
      Bacons "Portrait of the pope" is on lone to a german museum. To any
      catholic it would be a blasphemy. I wish it had been there to see how
      the little protestants would react to it. They would not lock eyes
      with me. I always dress in a military fashon at The Art Center, it
      puts the artsey craftsey off. I wear artsey shit at the gun show. All
      in all, Ars vita longus est. Bill
    • cribprdb
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 28, 2004
        I must confess you have returned me to immediately good humor. The
        conversation about Pollock is outstanding.
        thanx
        tc

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15 1:14 PM
          Bill the psychologist - he's my mate. It's what we say in Britain,
          general not local (mining-speak is intimate - marra).
          The New Yorkers, they say -'joined at the hip'.
          Did I understand correctly?

          the pres

        • William
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
            Trinidad was one who might have crossed the line into subversion. Now is it the duty of the moderator to inform homeland security? He threatned officials and screamed for revolution. What was the moderators responsibility regarding that budding Che Guiverra? I mean you bust Dick for saying a few obsenatives but leave a possible terrorist to spread his subversion. I do not know what happned to Trinidad and do not want to. I never knew if he was an American but many things he said were of questionable legality.
            Why would you moderate something like this. There is risk but what is the reward? Does Susan just see this as her personal soap opera? She claims what we write is of little or no consequence so why bother to judge what we say. You ban Dick and leave Trinidad to run rampant. Did you Zotz Trinidad? Bill
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012
              What makes you think he wasn't surveilled and found to be a harmless persona?

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 2, 2012

                > What makes you think he wasn't surveilled and found to be a harmless persona?
                >
                > Mary
                > If you know something I don`t know then pray tell. You and he are leftist and I thought you tried to cover him. I was more comfortable when he left but did he just leave or was he removed? You find a harmless persona but that is your bent. I welcome your leftist opinions especially when you write them yourself. When you quote Zizak I find it tedious. So then I do not read you. Bill
                > >
                > > Trinidad was one who might have crossed the line into subversion. Now is it the duty of the moderator to inform homeland security? He threatned officials and screamed for revolution. What was the moderators responsibility regarding that budding Che Guiverra? I mean you bust Dick for saying a few obsenatives but leave a possible terrorist to spread his subversion. I do not know what happned to Trinidad and do not want to. I never knew if he was an American but many things he said were of questionable legality.
                > > Why would you moderate something like this. There is risk but what is the reward? Does Susan just see this as her personal soap opera? She claims what we write is of little or no consequence so why bother to judge what we say. You ban Dick and leave Trinidad to run rampant. Did you Zotz Trinidad? Bill

              • Susan Schnelbach
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 3, 2012
                  I don't remember which one Trinidad was. I assume he left of his own volition because he had other things to do with his time.

                  And I'm not sure what ".. many things he said were of questionable legality" would mean. I would think you'd have to be fairly explicit in making threats in on online forum for someone to take them seriously enough to call it a crime. The relative anonymity of the online world makes it much easier to say/type stupid statements that one would never say in a person-to-person conversation, especially when most people do not seem to proofread what they type before clicking on the "send" button.