Re: [existlist] fast food philosophy

  • Roggles457@aol.com
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 2, 2001
      Fast food philosophy has alot of use. For instance, when taking Heidegger,
      you'd have to be an idiot like me to delve straight into Introduction to
      Metaphysics. The best way is to use a fast food philosophy, such as
      Heidegger for beginners (which is actually a comic book that does a decent
      job of conveying his ideas.) Then try something like a short book summarizing
      his beliefs, or a summary like CSWyatt's site. Then try to finally read a
      tome. It will be much easier now that it is in a nice context.

      Ryan
    • Eduard Alf
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 5, 2001
        james,

        this is getting a bit over my head ... i just dont like the
        idea of absolute ... it implies that we would never be able
        to explore much beyond the closest stars and certainly not
        to major galaxies like Andromeda ...

        have fun ...