RE: [existlist] fast food philosophy

  • Eduard Alf
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 2, 2001
      james,

      of course you are right ... the fast food variety only
      serves to get you interested ... its like those books ...
      "philosophy for idiots" ... perhaps you have seen them ...
      "internet for idiots" ... "microsoft word for idiots" ...
      they have their place ... and i should think that it would
      be nice if Sartre and Heidegger could do something of that
      order [sort of a bit late now, however] ... i find at times
      that books on philosophy seem to be written with only other
      philosophers in mind ... i did get a book on phenomenology
      and i must admit that it was hard going ...

      anyway, perhaps a lot of the discussion on this fast food
      philosophy stuff is a bit tongue in cheek ... one always has
      to go back to the big books ... i only wish they had more
      pictures ... ;-)

      have you read The Tao of Pooh ... it actually is quite good
      ... especially Benjamin Hoff's statements on the "uncarved
      block" ...

      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 5, 2001
        james,

        this is getting a bit over my head ... i just dont like the
        idea of absolute ... it implies that we would never be able
        to explore much beyond the closest stars and certainly not
        to major galaxies like Andromeda ...

        have fun ...