[existlist] Litterature to read ...

  • Yulian K. Gaard
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2001
      Tony, ...

      I believe you've missed the point of reading science fiction for instance where the point and part of the thrill is to imagine diffrent sorts of futures for the society and the ways it can evolve; besides the psychological effects and elements in the tale that happens there.

      Fantasy where you get to consider yourself in an extrodinary situation and explore new worlds - cream for any antropologist to do.

      What else do we have, love novels wherein there's alot of psychology too. In most youth novels messages of sociology is conveyed with a large element of culture and ethics ...

      Alot of people get those messages and see them. Subconciously ? Perhaps, but they are there. There are just some people who prefer the ideas presented as abstract ideas with no relation to the world and with nothing around them - as in philosophy - do it make the ideas worth less that they are wrapped in a sweettasting sugarcoating that you can reasally taste and understand ? I would think not though some claim it is so ...

      Most of the ideas that I have have been inspired and sparked by such "imaginative" reading. I have never even touched any philosophical books before 2 years ago.

      Respectfully submitted.

      " Magic is a way of life. "