existence vs existentialism

  • pascal sautot
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 1999
      >Message: 1
      > Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 07:17:13 +1100
      > From: anunda <anunda@...>
      >Subject: Re: Digest Number 70
      >

      >Having been quietly watching this list for some time
      now,
      >I am at a loss to understand
      >what is the focus of this list ..
      >
      >Is it about existence
      >or
      >existentialism?
      >
      >If it is the latter, I wonder if someone on this list
      >could enlighten an old man by defining
      >what they understand by the term "existential"
      >so that he might better understand the essence
      >of the discourse.

      Essence comes after experience. Existence is nothing
      but
      experiences. Existentialism is about existence, about
      the
      feeling of non existence also. The man on the road of
      his life seeking
      for sens (see The Myth of Sisyphus, by Camus, or
      l'homme
      revolte - sorry don't know the title in english, maybe
      The Rebel).
      Existensialism is about the existence and its
      contrary, the non
      existence.
      Refer to the so called exitentialist writters and you
      will know
      what it is about see the very good summary even
      thought its
      author claims not to be a pro

      http://home.earthlink.net/~tameri/exist/index.html

      Pascal